Puka Puka Parade

 

After World War II, the veterans of the 100th Infantry Battalion formed Club 100, headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii. A newsletter called “The Puka Puka Parade” was published beginning in April 1946. These newsletters are a chronicle of the lives and activities of the club’s members and contain many articles written by the veterans about their training and combat experiences and their decades-long friendships.

The term "puka" means "hole" in the Hawaiian language. The Battalion was often referred to as "one puka puka", for 100.

Collections in this community