eVols will be down for maintenance on Thursday (8/16) at 8am HST (6pm UTC)
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
The Hawaii energy strategy 2000 summary, January 2000
|Title:||The Hawaii energy strategy 2000 summary, January 2000|
|Issue Date:||Jan 2000|
|Publisher:||Energy, Resources, and Technology Division, Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism, State of Hawaii|
|Citation:||2000. The Hawaii Energy Strategy 2000 Summary, January 2000. Honolulu (HI): Energy, Resources, and Technology Division, Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism, State of Hawaii.|
|Abstract:||This is a summary of the Hawaii Energy Strategy 2000 (HES 2000), completed in January 2000 by the Energy, Resources, and Technology Division of the State of Hawaii Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism. The full report is available in Hawaii State Libraries and on the world wide web at http://www.hawaii.gov/dbedt/ertJhes2000.
The purpose of HES 2000 is to assist State of Hawaii planners and policymakers, members of the Hawaii energy community, and Hawaii's people to better understand Hawaii's current energy situation. It developed and analyzed possible future energy scenarios and makes recommendations to enhance Hawaii's energy future.
HES 2000 is intended to support achievement of the State Energy Objectives and has the following specific objectives:
• Increase diversification of fuels and the sources of supply of these fuels |
• Increase energy efficiency and conservation |
• Develop and implement regulated and non-regulated energy development strategies with the least possible overall cost to Hawaii's society |
• Enhance a system of comprehensive energy policy analysis, planning,and evaluation |
• Increase the use of indigenous renewable energy resources | and
• Enhance contingency planning capabilities to effectively contend with energy supply disruptions.
|Appears in Collections:||Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism|
The Geothermal Collection
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need this content in an ADA-compliant format.
Items in eVols are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.