Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
KS-8 well test program
|Title:||KS-8 well test program|
|Authors:||Puna Geothermal Venture|
Puna Geothermal Venture
show 4 moreHawaii
|Publisher:||Puna Geothermal Venture|
|Citation:||Puna Geothermal Venture. 1991. KS-8 well test program. Hilo (HI): Puna Geothermal Venture.|
|Abstract:||"The KS-8 well test is designed to determine the flow characteristics of production well KS-8. Major components for the power plant and the gathering and disposal system including injection well KS-3 will also be tested as part of this program. The well test program described in this document consists of the following elements:|
* KS-8 well test program procedures, equipment, and instrumentation.
* H2S abatement program to be used during the well test.
* Chemical sampling program for the analysis of geothermal brine, stearn, and non-condensible gases including toxic elements.
* Chemical sampling program for the analysis of aerosols emitted from the stearn rock muffler.
* Test program for power plant components using stearn from KS-8 during the flow test.
* Program for injecting geothermal brine from the main separator into injection well KS-3.
Vertical venting for initial well cleanout will not be used in the KS-8 well test. Instead, the initial water-rich flow from the well will be vented through an atmospheric separator/muffler. H2S will be abated in the stearn fraction throughout the test including the initial cleanout period."
|Appears in Collections:||Miscellaneous Private Sector Reports|
The Geothermal Collection
Items in eVols are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.